Improve Your Smile with Dental Bonding
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a simple and affordable procedure that attaches tooth-colored materials to your teeth to close gaps and repair chips and cracks.
How dental bonding works
With dental bonding, the flaws in your teeth are covered with a tooth-colored composite resin that is very natural-looking. Dr. Raisch colors and shapes this porcelain-like material to match your natural teeth.
- The tooth is prepared by roughening and shaping its surface.
- A coating of conditioning and bonding agent that acts like a glue is applied.
- The putty-like composite material is attached to the teeth to cover the defects. It may take several layers to get the best results.
- A high-intensity light is used to harden the materials.
- The last step is fine hand polishing so it looks and feels completely natural.
In most cases, it takes only one visit to complete dental bonding work. It really depends on the condition of your teeth and how much work you are having done.
Is dental bonding right for you?
Whether dental bonding is the right procedure depends on the health of your teeth and the nature of the flaws or defects in your teeth. In some cases veneers and crowns are a better solution. Dr. Raisch can discuss what options would work best for you.