Repair Your Smile with Implant Dentistry in Columbus
When you have a missing tooth or teeth, you have a number of excellent options. Here in our Columbus office, we can help you decide the course of treatment that is right for you. We are more than happy to explain the advantages and disadvantages of the different procedures, and help you decide which is the right treatment for you.
Single tooth loss
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an amazing way to replace your missing teeth. An implant post is commonly made of titanium and actually replaces the root of a missing tooth. The titanium post then fuses with bone in the jaw, making it a strong and durable anchor for your porcelain replacement crown.
Implants are also excellent for stabilizing and securing dentures or partial dentures, which make them much more comfortable to wear. Dental implants are more durable than a bridge and likely to retain functionality longer.
Other advantages include the following:
- Implants are permanently affixed to your jawbone, which means they won’t loosen.
- They are long-lasting, proven to last several decades and counting.
- They keep you looking younger by preventing shrinkage of the jawbone.
- Implants provide excellent strength and stability so you can eat anything you want.
- They feel, function, and look exactly like a natural tooth.
- Implant-supported teeth never require fillings or root canals.
How Do I Know If an Implant Is Right for Me?
You are a candidate for dental implants if you are in good general and oral health and have adequate bone in your jaw to support an implant. If you have suffered bone loss, you may still be able to get implants with a special bone-grafting procedure to rebuild sufficient bone to support the implant.
Single tooth Implant (Anterior)
Single Tooth Implant
Repair your smile today with our implant dentistry! Call us at (614) 267-5413 to schedule an appointment.