Natural-looking Porcelain Crowns With Breakthrough CEREC® Technology
Add strength and beauty to your smile with natural-looking crowns! If you have damaged teeth or teeth that have been weakened by root canal therapy or multiple fillings, porcelain crowns can restore strength and improve appearance.
Beautiful, Durable Crowns in One Visit!
Crowns are a type of dental restoration used to cover, protect, and strengthen a damaged tooth. In the past, crowns required at least two or three appointments. For these procedures, a temporary crown is often placed in the first visit, followed by a week or two of waiting for a dental lab to create the permanent crown.
With breakthrough CEREC technology, we can finish the entire procedure in just one office visit!
What Is CEREC?
CEREC 3D is the world’s most advanced dental restoration system. With the CEREC system, Dr. Raisch can create lifelike porcelain crowns, veneers, inlays, and fillings right here in our office.
Using the CEREC 3D imaging system, we can take accurate 3D pictures of the damaged tooth, then transfer it to a computer that precisely mills a restoration while we monitor the process.
No waiting, no extra shots, no temporaries—your crown is custom-crafted while you wait and then it gets bonded to your tooth all in a single visit!
You may wonder about the quality of something made so quickly, but the truth is that CEREC-milled crowns don’t suffer from any quality issues at all. In fact, they are:
- Made from a single block of translucent porcelain material.
- Completely biocompatible.
- Color matched to your own teeth.
- Less prone to cracks and flaws than many other types of restorations.
Single Crown (CAD/CAM)
Four Reasons We Use CEREC Restorations
There are many, many benefits of CEREC restorations that set them apart from traditional crowns. If the fact that they can be rapidly-placed in a single visit is of interest to you, consider these additional advantages:
- Natural-Looking: CEREC restorations are made to match your natural tooth color. When they are bonded into place, they are undetectable without x-rays. Because CEREC restorations are a precise fit, less of your natural tooth structure will be removed to place the restoration.
- Strength and Durability: CEREC restorations will wear as well as your natural tooth enamel. They are milled from a single ceramic block, which makes them less prone to cracks or chips than other types of replacements.
- Expansion and Contraction: The ceramic material used in CEREC restorations closely matches the qualities of your natural teeth. As your teeth get hot and cold, they expand and contract. So will your CEREC restorations—reducing the possibility of cracks and tooth breakage.
- Sensitivity: CEREC restorations don’t conduct heat, so you won’t have the same issues with sensitive teeth that come with metal restorations.
Learn More About CEREC Technology From Our Advanced Dental Wellness Team
Contact us today to schedule an appointment, or to ask any member of our team more about how this process works and why it’s so much easier than traditional tooth restorations. We’re excited to be able to share the advantages of our CEREC CAD/CAM technology with you!